Community Discussion

The Chaffee County Housing Policy Advisory Committee (HPAC) is holding a couple of community discussions this month. We want to share information, listen to your concerns, and work together to improve the housing situation in our community.

The first meeting will be this Sunday September 24 at the Salida Community Center at 305 F Street from 4 - 6 pm.

The second meeting will be Thursday September 28 at the First Presbyterian Church at 7 Poncha Boulevard from 5:30 to 7 pm. There will be food and child care available at this meeting to make it easier for more people to attend. Please rsvp for childcare by sending an email to [email protected].

If you are having a hard time finding housing, or know someone who is having a hard time finding housing, please come to one of these meetings to get involved. You can see our flyer at hpacchaffeecounty.com or like Housing Policy Advisory Committee on facebook to get regular updates on housing related news in Chaffee County.

Comments

• I love that someone thought to offer childcare. I'm not a parent, but know how important childcare can be for making meetings accessible (if you're really serious about wanting to hear from the people most affected by policy changes). That alone (providing the service) gives me enough faith to get me to the next meeting. Thanks.