Bridging the Political Divide - A workshop in collaborative political dialogue. July 22.

Wanted: Individuals with diverse political beliefs (conservative, liberal, libertarian, other…) to strengthen our community by Bridging the Political Divide.

You are invited to participate in a project to increase meaningful dialogue between people holding different political interests, opinions, values, and beliefs. Are you dissatisfied with the conflict, anger, and irreverence surrounding politics? Do you share my belief that we can do much better? Then please join me for the first in a series of programs in how to engage in collaborative political dialogue.

My name is Hugh Young. I’m a mediator in the Colorado courts. I’ve assisted thousands of people in settling their differences without trial. My work has given me the opportunity to explore effective and ethical ways to resolve interpersonal differences. I’d like to share what I’ve learned with the goal of changing the quality of political interaction in our community.

The Bridging the Political Divide program is a method of healthy political dialogue. Dialogue that builds community while respecting individuality. Dialogue that views building relationships as the best means to achieve wise and durable outcomes. Dialogue that honors and draws strength from differences.

The pilot project consists of a one-day workshop scheduled for Saturday, July 22, 2017, from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Enrollment for the one-day workshop is limited to thirty participants. The primary goal is to build skills in collaborative dialogue and consensus building. The specific political issues to be addressed will be determined by the participants.

There is no cost for participation. To sign up, please contact me at [email protected].

Sincerely,
Hugh Young
(719) 221-2864

Comments

• Hi! Sounds wonderful! Is it being held somewhere in Salida?